Sunday, 3 September 2017

Donald Trump Considering Attacking North Korea




After North Korea announced on Sunday that it successfully conducted a test of an extraordinarily powerful hydrogen bomb meant to be loaded onto an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM), President Donald Trump said "we'll see" in regards to a possible attack on the country.
A newsreader for North Korean state-run television announced the test early Sunday, saying it was ordered by Kim Jong Un. The broadcaster called it a "complete success," adding that the "two-stage thermonuclear weapon" had "unprecedented" strength.
Indeed, this latest test was the most powerful of North Korea's six nuclear tests.

U.S., Trump respond to reports of test

Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin announced Sunday morning that he’ll be drafting a new sanctions package against North Korea that could go so far as to cut off all U.S. trade with any country that chooses to do business with North Korea.
“It's clear that this behavior is completely unacceptable," Mnuchin said of the test on "Fox News Sunday." "We've already started with sanctions against North Korea, but I'm going to start a sanctions package to send to the president, for his strong consideration, that anybody that wants to do trade or business with them would be prevented from doing trade or business with us."
Mnuchin added that the U.S. will work with allies and China as it takes steps to more forcefully cut off North Korea from the global economy.
Mnuchin also mentioned that he's spoken to Trump since the test took place.
Trump first responded to the reported test on Twitter prior to Mnuchin's warning, commenting on North Korea's continuing "hostile and dangerous" actions toward the U.S. and it being a "great threat and embarrassment to China." The president also said South Korea's "talk of appeasement" with its northern neighbor won't work.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...